Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DINNER TIME!!!


Today for dinner I decided to cook chicken wings. I dished up the kids and they looked at it questioningly and asked what it was. I explained that it was chicken. The following conversation is word for word:

Porter picked it up and yelled "EEWWWW, it has BONES in it!"
Eva: "BONES?!"
Porter: "This isn't chicken, it's turkey. Turkey has bones."
Mom: "No, it's chicken, just with the bones."
Porter: "Mom. Turkey has bones. Chicken doesn't. Chicken nuggets don't have bones. The chicken we ate after church didn't have bones. This is NOT chicken. I think maybe you need glasses."

How could I argue with that kind of logic. So I nodded and told him to eat his turkey.


9 comments:

Eric, Lexi, Reagan & Lakai said...

That's classic! I love these kinds of stories. Kids really do say the darndest things.

Writing Group Blog said...

He's right, you know. Chicken does not have bones. Actually, Paul and Porter have more in common than just footie pajamas. Paul refuses to eat chicken with bones. Maybe I should try your trick and tell him it's turkey instead...

Jen Olson Brown said...

So funny! I am so proud of you! It's a big step to jump back into the blogging world! Just remember to blog what you want to remember 20 years from now, and what will help you enjoy your life now. Enjoy!

Bud & Kim said...

Ha, ha! I love it.

stacey224 said...

So Funny!

Treadways said...

So funny!

Brian said...

Well, he does have a point. Has anyone refuted this difference?

Jessica Martiele said...

Tell him I've personally deboned a number of chickens. And while you're at it, tell him there's no Santa Claus, too. :)

Ryan said...

I saw this morning that you put the map up. I came back this evening just to see if I showed up, but I think it only updates each day. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see my little red dot. Putting that map on our blog is what made us switch to "invitation only". Who wants weirdos from all over the globe looking at your kids?